• Propane and charcoal BBQ grills must only be used outdoors. If used indoors, or in any enclosed spaces such as tents, they pose a fire hazard and a risk of exposing occupants to deadly carbon monoxide poisoning.
• Place the grill a safe distance from lawn games, play areas, and foot traffic. Grills should be positioned at least 10 feet away from siding, deck railing, and out from under eaves and overhanging branches.
• Keep matches, lighters, and starter fluid out of the reach of children in a locked drawer or cabinet.
• Always supervise a barbecue grill when in use.
• Keep children and pets away from the grill area: declare a three-foot "kid-free zone" around the grill.
• Use long barbeque mitts and long-handled grilling tools to protect the chef from heat and flames when cooking.
• Never add charcoal starter fluid when coals have already been ignited.
• Periodically remove grease or fat buildup in trays below the grill so it cannot be ignited by a hot grill.
• Always follow the manufacturer’s instructions when using grills.
« Previous Post
Next Post »